Chemical peels correct a variety of skin imperfections such as blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven pigmentation. They exfoliate the outer layers of dead skin, revealing a new skin layer with improved tone, texture, and color. In addition to full facial rejuvenation, certain types of skin peels can also be used for spot treatments and as a way to remove stretch marks or rejuvenate skin elsewhere on the body!
SkinMedica Illuminize Peel
Often described as the “Red Carpet Peel,” the Illuminize Peel is our lightest peel, which delivers an instant glow. It contains resorcinol, phytic acid, mandelic acid, malic acid and salicylic acid. No downtime. $99 each. $225 for Package of 3. $450 for Package of 6.
SkinMedica Vitalize Peel
The Vitalize Peel is the most popular SkinMedica peel. This medium strength peel combines resorcinol, lactic, salicylic, and 0.3 retinoic acid. Downtime is approximately 3-5 days. $149 each. $375 for Package of 3. $700 for Package of 6.
SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel
The strongest of the SkinMedica peels, the Rejuvenize Peel is a medium-to-deep peel. It’s formulated with a high percentage of resorcinol, lactic, salicylic, 0.3 retinoic acid and a built-in anti-irritant and penetration enhancer. Downtime is approximately a week. $199 each. $525 for Package of 3. $975 for Package of 6.
The Vi Peel is a medium-to-deep blended peel formulated with trichloroacetic acid (TCA), salicylic acid, retinoic acid, phenol, and vitamin C. This is a great peel for treating hyperpigmentation, aging skin, and acne. Treatment includes a product take home kit consisting of Vi Derm Post Peel Protectant, Vi Derm SPF 50 and 3 post peel towelettes. Downtime is approximately a week. $249 each. $675 for Package of 3. $1200 for Package of 6.
Vi Peel with Precision Plus + Booster
The Precision Plus peel is made from the same blend of Vi peel acids at a 25% higher concentration and also includes an added booster of retinoic acid for treatment of stubborn hyperpigmentation including melasma, age spots on hands, arms or chest and keratosis pilaris. Treatment includes a product take home kit consisting of Vi Derm Post Peel Protectant, Vi Derm SPF 50 and 5 post peel towelettes. Downtime is approximately a week. $299 each. $775 for Package of 3. $1490 for Package of 6.
TCA 35% Peel
Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) is a medium-to-deep peel in 35% concentration. Downtime is approximately a week. Spot treatment is available at custom pricing. $249 each. $675 for Package of 3. $1200 for Package of 6. Spot treatment starts at $175.
Cosmelan MD Melasma Peel
Cosmelan MD is an advanced depigmentation treatment based on the inhibition of tyrosinase. This formula is a proprietary blend of key acids and also includes 8% hydroquinone and retinoic acid. Downtime is approximately one week. $699 each. Includes maintenance kit and one complimentary touch-up peel treatment.
- One week before the peel, avoid electrolysis, waxing, depilatory creams, and/or laser hair removal.
- Patients who have had any injections, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic or dermal filler, should wait until full effect of their injection has been achieved before receiving a peel.
- 3 days prior to the peel, discontinue Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac and products containing AHA, BHAs, benzoyl peroxide, and other exfoliates/ irritants.
It is critical that you follow these instructions to protect your treatment area during the brief recovery phase so that you may achieve the most favorable results.
- Skin may appear slightly redder than usual for about 3-4 hours after the treatment.
- Your skin may have a light yellow tint immediately after the procedure. This is temporary and will fade in 1-2 hours.
- Wait a minimum of 4 hours (for Vi Peels) or 8 hours (for SkinMedica Peels) after the peel before washing the treated area.
- Do not exercise or perform any physical activity during the entire peel process.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 10 days after your peel. Use SPF 30 or higher at all times.
- Treat your skin gently. Do not scrub, scratch or pick at the treated area.
- When washing the treated area, use a gentle, soap-free cleanser and tepid water for the next week. It is normal to experience some sensitivity and stinging when you do so. Do not use a washcloth or loofah on the treated area and pat skin dry.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer for the next 10 days to relieve dryness. Do not use a moisturizer that contains retinol, alpha -hydroxy acid (AHA) or beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), benzoyl peroxide or any other type of active ingredient.
- For Vi peels, apply the first towelette 4 hours after the peel. Apply the remaining towelettes each evening. Each morning apply the Post Peel Protectant and SPF 50.
- Wait until flaking and dryness completely subsides before having any other facial procedures, including but not limited to:
- Laser treatments (including laser hair removal)
- Facial hair removal (e.g. waxing, plucking, shaving)
- BOTOX® injections
- Injectable fillers
- Please be advised that some patients experience acne, skin redness, swelling, and/or increased sensitivity during the chemical peel recovery phase.