Young, healthy-looking skin contains an abundance of a naturally hydrating substance called hyaluronic acid (HA). However, age, time, sunlight, and other factors reduce the amount of HA in your skin. The lack of HA causes your skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds, like those pesky parentheses. Dermal fillers are unique smooth gels that replaces the HA that your skin lost, adding volume to smooth away facial wrinkles and folds.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Discontinue the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E, etc at least one week prior to treatment.
What to Expect After Your Treatment:
- After the treatment, some temporary injection-related reactions may occur, including bruising, redness, swelling, pain, firmness, and bumps. These are usually mild to moderate in nature and clear up on their own in 7-10 days or less.
- After your injection, you will see immediate improvement in the treatment area; however, full results will be visible once all temporary injection-related reactions clear up.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for the next 24 hours.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages for the next 24 hours.
- Minimize exposure to the sun and heat for the next 24 hours.
- Some patients may develop a swelling, redness, and/or itching at the injection site. Apply a cool ice pack for a brief period.
- If this is your first dermal filler injection in our office, please schedule a 2-3 week follow-up appointment.